Ride Along Program Information | OPEN

Moderators: Sergeant's Team, High Command Team, Command Team, San Andreas State Police

San Andreas State Police
Head Office, 1 Crest Road, Dillimore
Head Office, 1 Crest Road, Dillimore

Ride Along Program Information | OPEN

Post by San Andreas State Police » June 25th, 2019, 9:09 pm

SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU
PUBLIC AFFAIRS DIVISION

RIDEALONG PROGRAM
THE PROGRAM
The Ride Along Program is currently OPEN.
The Ride Along Program is something that's always been a part of most government agencies. It offers potential recruits the chance to experience first hand what it's like to be part of the department before making any commitments to joining and is therefore ideal if you're unsure about your potential career path. Once accepted into the Ride Along Program, you'll be able to join patrols with a State Trooper or above for up to one month.

There are, however, exceptions to this time-frame. San Andreas State Courts and the Red County Fire Department, once applied, will be able to request a ride along whenever you like, should you already have been accepted.

During the Academic Period, the Ride Along Program may not have free State Troopers to fulfill civilian requests for ride along.
State Police Students do not have to submit this form to request a ride along.
REQUIREMENTS
Before applying, you must ensure you meet the following requirements:
  • Must have a clean record, fines may be discounted at the discretion of the application reviewer.
  • Must be above the age of 21.
  • Must be willing to abide to the below rules and regulations.
If any of these requirements are not met, your application will be denied without question.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Both Trooper and the Ride Along alike have set rules and regulations that must be adhered to at all times. For the Trooper, failure to abide to these rules will result in departmental punishments. For the Ride Along, going against the rules will result in your access being revoked.

Rules for the Ride Along:
  • Stay in the front seat of the cruiser at all times unless otherwise instructed.
  • Follow all given instructions by the Trooper.
  • Any weapons should be left at home.
  • If the Ridealongee is unable to attend the scheduled ride-along, he/she must notify the
    Station Watch Trooper as soon as possible.
  • Ridealong's must wear appropriate, safe, and conservative attire for the ride-along session (dress or dress-casual shoes, pants, shirts, blouses, and jackets). Not permitted are: denim jeans; t-shirts; shorts; dresses and skirts; clothing that does not cover appropriate areas of the body; clothing that contains graphics, pictures or slogans; hats; high-heeled or open-toed shoes; and sandals. The appropriateness of attire is up to the discretion of the on-duty Supervisor.
  • Observers must wear and prominently display an “observer” badge. The badge will be issued when the observer reports for the ride-along session. Observers must bring photo identification (such as a driver’s license), which will be exchanged for the observer ID badge at the beginning of the ride-along session. Upon completion of the ride-along session, the observer’s identification will be returned.
  • Observers shall not leave the radio car while at the scene of any police activity without the permission of the supervising trooper.
  • Observers shall not converse with detainees, suspects, prisoners, witnesses, victims,and/or other parties contacted during the course of the ride-along unless directed or requested to do so by the supervising trooper.
  • Observers shall not interfere with the trooper’s activities at any time. Questions regarding procedures and activities are highly encouraged; however; please wait until an appropriate time to ask these questions.

Rules for the Trooper:
  • You must be at least Trooper to take a Ride Along.
  • You must frisk your Ride Along prior to starting the shift.
  • Should you be called to a shots fired, you must leave your Ride Along at a safe place before responding. Alternatively, you may respond but you must not be amongst the first responders.
  • Your Ride Along's safety is paramount at all times. They are not trained law enforcement personnel, therefore they are not trained to deal with high risk and/or stressful situations. You are responsible for your ride-along's well being. Use extreme caution when responding to scenes while having a RA with you.
  • You may take a maximum of one Ride Along and cannot partner with another State Trooper.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact a member of the San Andreas State Police by either visiting our Dillimore Police Headquarters or using our information service on the 911 hotline.
APPLICATION
To apply for the Ride Along Program, please complete the following application with the title "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME | Ride Along Application".
APPLICATION
Show

Code: Select all

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][padding=20,20][flex=space-between][div][fimg=150xauto]https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/images/sasp_logo.png[/fimg][/div][flexalign=center]
[div][font=Arial][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=150]SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE[/size][/b]
[size=115]ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU[/size]
[size=95]PUBLIC AFFAIRS DIVISION[/size]

[b][size=120]RIDEALONG PROGRAM APPLICATION[/size][/b][/color][/font][/div][/flexalign][/flex][/padding][/divbox]
[divbox=#1d2951,#183A1B][b][color=#FFFFFF]SECTION I — PERSONAL INFORMATION[/color][/b][/divbox]
[divbox=#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF][color=#000000][b]1. Requestee Name[/b]:
[b]2. Home Address[/b]:
[b]3. Telephone Number(s)[/b]:
[b]4. Date of Birth[/b]:
[/divbox][divbox=#1d2951,#183A1B][b][color=#FFFFFF]SECTION II — REQUEST INFORMATION[/color][/b][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][b]5. Availability[/b]:

[b]6. Reason for Ride-Along Request[/b][/color][list]
[*]
[/list][/divbox][divbox=#1d2951,#183A1B][b][color=#FFFFFF]SECTION III — LIABILITY WAIVER[/color][/b][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][color=black][b]7. Background Waiver[/b] 
I hereby authorize the San Andreas State Police, its troopers, employees, or representatives otherwise, to conduct an intensive background inquiry regarding my character, reputation, and criminal history. I certify that the above submitted information is factual.

[list=none][b]Signature[/b]:
[b]Date of Signature[/b]:
[/list][b]8. Safety Waiver[/b]

I certify that I am physically fit to be taken on a ride-along, and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical San Andreas Fire & Rescue Employee

For and in consideration of the undersigned being given the opportunity of observing police operations and functions, by riding in a vehicle operated by a member of the San Andreas State Police, I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the County of Red County, the San Andreas State Police, their employees and agents, both personally, and as agents and employees, from any and all liability for any damage and injury, which I may receive while riding in or upon said motor vehicles and which I may receive while accompanying a San Andreas State Police member, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, whether through negligence or otherwise.

This release of liability and agreement by me to the County of Red County, the San Andreas State Police, their employees and agents, shall apply to any right of action that might accrue to myself, my heirs and my personal representative. Further, I agree to assume all risks in riding in San Andreas State Police motor vehicles and in accompanying its officers and agents and I am fully aware that personal danger may be involved.

[/color][list=none][color=#000000][b]Signature[/b]:
[b]Date of Signature[/b]:
[/color][/list][/divbox]