Moderators: High Command Team, Command Team

Carter Holt
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Bob
Badge Number: #754

January 2020 Newsletter

Post by Carter Holt » January 2nd, 2020, 10:22 pm

NEWS | TROOPER OF THE MONTH | SERGEANT OF THE MONTH | PROMOTIONS & COMMENDATIONS | CLOSING STATEMENTS

Troopers,

I hope to find all of you well rested and happy coming back from the Holiday's. I hope it was as good for you all as it was for me. As we approach the New Year it is time to refocus our efforts back into the core running of the SASP. As we move along things will be reworked and simplified to make all of our lives better. Not much has happened that I can touch on over the last month as the holidays make it rather quiet around here. I am glad they are over and ready to get back rolling again.

Thank you,

ACADEMY 03
The Recruitment and Training division are hard at work preparing for academy batch 003. Soon you will see a handful of new recruits eager to join the department as students who will hopefully then progress to the probationary trooper stage. As always, we ask that you all support these students, especially if they need to be partnered with the likes of yourself on patrols.

Recruitment opens on the 1st January 2020 and applications will no longer be accepted after the 17th January 2020. Please welcome any questions from interested members of the public regarding recruitment and if you're not sure of what to say, direct them to the on-duty supervisor.

WINTER STAND DOWN LIFTED AS OF 4TH JANUARY
The department will lift the winter stand down procedure on the 4th January. You are required to complete a duty report by the 11th January 2020 or risk termination from the department. We will also see fleet services reorganise the department patrol cars with a large reduction of Ranchers and the re-introduction of standard patrol cruisers. Headgear restrictions have returned to normal as well.

NEW UNIFORM UPDATE
If you missed it, Colonel James Knight accidentally let slip the design of our new uniforms.

We don't have an estimated release date for them but we can now confirm they are being developed!

FEBRUARY PENAL CODE CHANGES
A revised penal code will make its way into play February 1st 2020. You can have a look at the new 2020 Laws and Acts here.
Senior Trooper Conrad Torres
Award: $50,000 & a take home cruiser from the choice of SFPD, LVPD and LSPD.

The Sergeant Team has decided to nominate Senior Trooper Conrad Torres as this months Trooper of The Month for his excellent activity and contribution to department operations for December. In addition to this, they would like to commend Trooper Torres for his excellent standards of portraying real emotion during roleplay situations. Excellent work!
ImageImage
Sergeant Grayson Shields
Award: $75,000 & a take home cruiser from the choice of SFPD, LVPD and LSPD.

The Command Team has decided to nominate Sergeant Grayson Shields as this months Sergeant of The Month for his excellent work ethic and continued dedication to the department in both field performance and as a supervisor. The High Command team has also recognised Sergeant Shields for contributing so much to the department and is aware of how well he has excelled in such a small period of time, leaving the team extremely impressed with his abilities.

Congratulations to the following civilian colleagues for their commendations!

Parking Enforcement Operator Jayce Blake
The Parking Enforcement Unit Command/Supervisory team has decided to give the Parking Enforcement Officer Of The Month award to Probationary PEO Jayce Blake for his continued activity and dedication to the department and division throughout the month but also because of his ability to step forward and assist the public multiple times during the harsh winter conditions.

Correctional Officer Eugene Norton and Correctional Officer Julian Montes
CO Norton and CO Montes were selected to be this months Correctional Officer of the month. It was a difficult decision between CSU Command however after reviewing the performance of all CO's for this month, we found that Norton and Montes contributed to a large portion of the units duty reports, especially for a month where duty reports aren't required. This is the type of commitment we strive to recruit into the department and hope that these two fine Correctional Officers will eventually progress within the department, should it be in a supervisory capacity in CSU or to enrol as a Probationary Trooper in the State Police academy program. Excellent work you two.

Trooper Eric Rhodes, Conrad Torres, Bo McDermott, Drake Richie, Christopher McCarthy
Congratulations to the above Troopers for contributing a large amount of time during the winter stand down period. Apologies for any others that were not included in this commendation. If you completed any patrol during December, thank you so much.

Congratulations to the following troopers on their promotion!
Image Trooper → Image Trooper First Class
Eric Rhodes
James Brooks
Image Trooper First Class → Image Senior Trooper
Izabel Navarro
Image Senior Trooper → Image Master Trooper
Bo McDermott
Conrad Torres
Drake Richie
Amber Banks

Hi all.

I want to thank everyone for their hard work throughout the year, from the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, to those who assisted and supported the transition to the San Andreas State Police, the Deputies and Troopers. I'd like to personally extend my gratitude to those who were working during the Christmas and New Years shifts. It's never easy having to work away during the festive period away from friends and families but it is your commitment and dedication to protecting and serving the San Andreas community that makes it possible for others to do so, knowing they are well looked after.

Those who have completed patrols during December will be issued overtime payments for their commitment to the department.

Moving to January and the New Year, we will be looking to review the performance of each individual division and decide if anything needs to change to fit the ever-changing demand of the tri-county area. As always, speak to your division leader if you have any comments or concerns. Division leaders, speak to your bureau directors if you need support from them.

We will also be looking into a re-design of the department in reference to the recent poll we took where the majority of colleagues voted in favour of a blue themed department. There will be more on this in the near future.

In terms of department performance, I have noticed standards slacking when it comes to responding to and dealing with the less serious 911 calls and incidents. Again, I have noticed people trying to pawn off suspects to fellow colleagues. No one should be doing this. Support your colleagues, if they need assistance processing a suspect, lend a hand. It goes further for you than you think.

Additionally, there have been reports that troopers are not reporting DB's (dead bodies) to the appropriate division or agency. You should ALWAYS attempt to contact ID (Investigations Division) and if no one is available, you escalate the request to SBI. Prioritise internal divisions over external agencies please.

Thank you for all your hard work over the past few weeks,

Sincerely,
Lieutenant Colonel Lucy Summers

Another month, coming to an end, I would like to congratulate all of you for your hard work once again throughout the month of December with the winter stand down and the holidays, Troopers, I trust all of you to continue to put in your own hard work and dedication into the department. To those who do, I can't say it enough I'm very proud of you. To those who laze around and ride on the backs of the others who put in hard work and dedication, you will be dealt with. I am looking forward to the next few months with the new year starting, also over the next few months we have a few improvements coming into the SASP including the ribbon system once again and even maybe the new blue themed department.

As always enjoy this month's newsletter, if you have any questions comments or concerns please, contact me or a member of the Supervisory Team, Command Team, or High Command Staff.

Charlotte Blattner
Retired Lieutenant I
Retired Lieutenant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #202

Re: January 2020 Newsletter

Post by Charlotte Blattner » January 2nd, 2020, 10:23 pm

Nice!
LIEUTENANT II CHARLOTTE BLATTNER

DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU

Matt Hensley
Retired Captain I
Retired Captain I
RC-RP Forum Name: Matty
Badge Number: #128

Post by Matt Hensley » January 2nd, 2020, 10:23 pm

Second! Nice.
Lieutenant First Class Matt Hensley

Special Weapons and Tactics Commander

Mitch Lancett
Trooper
Trooper
RC-RP Forum Name: Victorian
Badge Number: #103

Post by Mitch Lancett » January 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

Lovely.

Antonio Falcone
RC-RP Forum Name: KD83
Badge Number: #210

Post by Antonio Falcone » January 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

amazing

Nathan Peralta
RC-RP Forum Name: FarukD13
Badge Number: #155

Post by Nathan Peralta » January 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

Congrats to my boys who got their promotion!

Enrique Davalos
Retired Captain I
Retired Captain I
RC-RP Forum Name: Younes
Badge Number: #426

Post by Enrique Davalos » January 2nd, 2020, 10:27 pm

Congratulations everyone, may 2020 be another great year!

Nicole Guzman
Detective
Detective
RC-RP Forum Name: .stephen
Badge Number: #147

Post by Nicole Guzman » January 2nd, 2020, 10:32 pm

ggwp

James Brooks
RC-RP Forum Name: nelxont
Badge Number: #205