Moderators: High Command Team, Command Team

Carter Holt
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Bob
Badge Number: #754

March 2020 Newsletter

Post by Carter Holt » March 1st, 2020, 6:51 pm

NEWS | COLLEAGUES OF THE MONTH | PROMOTIONS & COMMENDATIONS | CLOSING STATEMENTS

Troopers,

First of all, I'd like to thank James Knight for his hard work during his time here at the department and for giving me this opportunity to drive the department forward.

Getting into the order of business, I recently issued department feedback to bureau directors of the divisions they oversee from the forms that some of you filled out. Feedback should've reached division leaders but if you are a division leader and haven't received any feedback, contact your bureau director.

Going into March I will focus my attention on recruitment and training, not just for probationary troopers but for existing troopers as well. You will begin to see a little less of me on duty as I begin to work through a large backlog of agendas in my work desk but will do my best to make myself available on the field on a regular basis. The Administrative Services Bureau Directorship and Commander Haley Stepps has been issued a list of prerequisites for Recruitment and Training which should've reached the relevant recruitment / training bureau directors. If you haven't received these, please see your Bureau Directors. On this occasion, I will void the Chain of Command rule and ask that anyone with issues with these prerequisites can openly come to me to discuss the points.

I'd like to remind our Senior and Master Troopers that we are in need of bright and enthusiastic individuals to apply for the Sergeant in Training program. If you'd like more responsibility but the opportunity to move up in the department, this is certainly the way to go.

Thank you,

FIELD TRAINING CHANGES
Timothy Fisher wrote:Acknowledgement of Derelict
I would like to start off by addressing a topic that I am sure many are already aware of. There were significant errors made in the grading of Probationary Troopers Exams for Batch #03 which resulted in some Probationary Troopers being terminated wrongfully. On behalf of the Field Training Unit, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to the people that were impacted by this and assure you all that we have taken steps to ensure this can not happen again. Every single exam from Batch #03 was reviewed and re-scored by the Director of the Administrative Services Bureau, Captain Young. Any Probationary Troopers wrongfully terminated were re-hired immediately. The Field Training Unit accepts full responsibility for this and understands that it is not acceptable.

Moving Forward
It is with ambition that I take responsibility of the Field Training Unit after being approached to take over the Unit towards the end of Academy Batch #03. High Command listed reasonable demands of having a more efficient training process for new Troopers and increasing the success rate of new Troopers in the Field Training Program. Over the last two week we have been working hard to field new training ideas and after a productive meeting with the Colonel we are happy to say that an entirely new Field Training Program has been approved for implementation in Academy Batch #04.

To highlight, the new Field Training Program will include:
  • Monetary Incentive for Experienced Troopers to Train
  • A longer Field Training Program
  • Additions which require no additional resources
  • Divisional Exposure for Probationary Troopers
  • Community Engagement
  • Performance Based Appraisals
  • New, less demanding Field Training Card
The Field Training Unit is currently drafting the documentation outlining the new Field Training Program and will distribute prior to the commencement of Batch #04 Field Training Stage.

Field Training Survey
I would like to take the time to thank the few people who took the short amount of time to complete the surveys distributed to the department. Your feedback was used in the development and decision making process with the new Field Training Program. The results will be published in the same package as the new Field Training Program documentation.

There was an alarmingly low response rate from Existing Troopers. We hope that the changes being made to the Field Training Program will re-motivate staff to take a more active role in the development of the department.

Job Opportunities
In the coming weeks the Field Training Unit will be recruiting Field Training Officers to work in the Unit in an administrative capacity. Pay attention to your e-mail for the Job Calls.

Closing
I am looking forward to working with all of you to ensure a smooth transition into Batch #04. The Field Training Unit is excited to work in order to deliver you the best colleagues we can.

Sincerely,

Timothy Fisher
Director, Field Training Unit
San Andreas State Police

RED COUNTY RACING ASSOCIATION, SASP INVITATION.
Haley Stepps wrote:The RCRA has invited our department to partake in this years 8 Ball Track race! The winning team receives $500,000 which will be split between the team members. For us to successfully partake, we need to form a team of 4 people that includes a driver, team leader and two mechanics. The team leader is expected to ensure the team operates successfully to give us the best chances of winning. I've posted a sign-up sheet in the employee lounge for everyone. You can sign-up here.

ACADEMY 03 - COMPLETE | ACADEMY 04 - INCOMING
Bob Holt wrote:As of 26th February 2020, nine fresh Troopers passed out and were officially sworn in at our ceremony hall in front of a live crowd of members of the public. On behalf of everyone here at the San Andreas State Police Department, we'd like to warmly welcome you to our family. We wish you a safe and prosperous career and hope it's everything you expected and more.

With that being said, Academy 04 is right around the corner. If you have any interest at all in joining the divisions responsible for recruiting and training troopers-to-be then head over to the Internal Recruitment Centre and see what opportunities are available!

A MESSAGE FROM COMMANDER STEPPS
Haley Stepps wrote:Over the last month I've worked closely with bureau directors and divisional leaders, ensuring the department is effectively run and continuously moving forward. While many of you may not see the hard work behind the scenes, as Commander I've been coordinating our Command and Supervisory staff, steering our department towards the mandate set by High Command.

Over the next few weeks I'm confident in all current directors to implement or maintain what's required. The SASP is becoming more effective and responsive thanks to the hard work of these directors, a trend which will continue.

As always, thank you all for your dedication and service to the SASP.

A MESSAGE FROM CAPTAIN JACKSON YOUNG
Jackson Young wrote:Academy Batch #3 has come to an end. Through the entire process, we were able to bring nine new troopers into our ranks. Please welcome these Troopers and aid them in exploring their newly found career. With this academy coming to a close, we are opening our doors yet again for Academy Batch #04. Since the beginning of our last batch we have seen various changes in leadership. With that, our next batch will run differently.

Expect to see those changes coming from Field Training Unit soon.

INVESTIGATION DIVISION UPDATE
Marcus Burton wrote:The Investigation Division has recently gone through a critical transformation, I have worked closely with former Director Velazquez before he resigned and we have managed to go over the handbook and expending it to deliver more information. More detectives have been hired, trained and are currently working in the field providing forensics work, undercover work, and daily Delta patrols responding to Niners that are related to their line of work.

The Investigations Division has worked closely with SBI during the last few months and we are looking forward to improving the relations between the two agencies, we are currently discussing assisting SBI with their new Office of Street Enforcement which will include Gangs, Narcotics, Firearms, Prostitution
and Alcohol-related work in the field.

The division monthly seizures of February stands at $1,964,500 of confiscated Narcotics and Firearms.

Cocaine 273 Grams
Crack 185 Grams
Heroin 24 Grams
Marijuana 11116 Grams
Shrooms 55 Grams
Peyote 77 Grams
Pistols 4 Firearms
Shotguns 1 Firearm
Submachine Guns 6 Firearms
Rifles 0 Firearms
Melee Weapons 1 Weapon

Correctional Officer Oswald Maccaferri

Oswald was selected to be this months Correctional Officer of the Month for his hard work putting in extra shifts as the facility saw a decrease in CO's due to the most recent academy batch. He certainly assisted with the strain the division was feeling and took a lot of pressure off other areas of the department, for that we are extremely grateful.

Thank you very much Oswald and enjoy your rewards.

Trooper George Stansfield

The Command and Sergeant Team overwhelmingly selected Trooper George Stansfield as this months Trooper of the Month for his steady activity, always improving character development and general performance in the field and paperwork as well as within Traffic Enforcement, Recruitment and Field Training. You are certainly an asset to the team and your efforts are extremely appreciated.

Due to his selfless commitment to the department, Trooper Stansfield has also been awarded a promotion and the Distinguished Service Ribbon.

Congratulations!

NOT SELECTED

No Supervisory Staff member has been selected for the "Sergeant of the Month" award for March.

Congratulations to the following colleagues on their commendations!

PEO Jayce Blake
For maintaining persistence and preserving discipline within line of duty, despite causing external affairs.
- Parking Enforcement Command

Master Trooper Chance Morrison
Morrison has been recognised for his life-saving tactics when he talked down a suicidal subject from a bridge, so much so a member of the public commended him. Excellent work!
- Colonel Bob Holt

Staff Sergeant Emma Grantham
Staff Sergeant Emma Grantham has helped keep the Investigations Division on it's toes as the leadership changed hands, and taken part in a plethora of situations including her own busts and sting operations.

Sergeant I Nathan Skinner
Sergeant Nathan Skinner has excelled in his role since returning to the supervisory team. He has been noted as a growing supervisor whom can take charge of any situation and resolve it with the resources at his disposal.

Detective Marcus Burton and Detective Sergeant Jason Bradford
I appreciate the quick-thinking and reaction to Sergeant Velazquez' immediate resignation from the department and your willingness to rapidly take up your senior positions within the Investigations Division. More so, I have high hopes for your division and can't wait to see what operations you have in store for March.
- Colonel Bob Holt

Recruitment, Field Training and Academic Training Division Members
I'd like to personally send my appreciation to everyone within these divisions for their hard work over the last few weeks setting up this academy batch and ensuring it ran as smoothly as possible. Academies are known to sometimes run with issues as is expected and with going through leadership changes at one of the most challenging times, I can say I am happy with how things turned out regardless of the issues that arose.

I spoke briefly with the division leaders for training and recruitment and I am very excited for what the future holds in our new era of training new entrants to the department.

- Colonel Bob Holt

Investigation Division
Although somewhat brief, after reviewing the performance of ID, I'm very happy with what I've seen figure-wise. It's always great to see new and innovating ideas to help excel divisions and it's brilliant to see so many harmful drugs and firearms being taken off the streets. You should all be very proud of what you have achieved this month and it is encouraging to see that you have the drive to assist in aiding relations with other agencies including the likes of SBI.
- Colonel Bob Holt

Traffic Enforcement
While on patrol I was informed by Detective Burton that your division was conducting a traffic operation between Montgomery and Palomino Creek. I was very impressed with the arrangement of the entire operation and very happy to see some newly passed out troopers already in the division and lending a hand. Excellent contributions from everyone involved.
- Colonel Bob Holt

Congratulations to the following troopers on their promotion!
Probationary Trooper → Image State Trooper

Katelyn Steele
Roxanne Wilson
Kyle Munoz
Julian Montes
Brian Maxwell
Keith Lyons
Beau Buford
Katie Collins
Shane Willard

Image Trooper First Class → Image Senior Trooper

Jason Radley
George Stansfield

Image Senior Trooper → Image Master Trooper

Izabel Navarro

LIEUTENANT COLONEL ADAM HOBBS
Troopers,

First of all, I'd like to thank James Knight for all his hard work during his time here at the department and for giving myself and the Colonel this opportunity to drive the department even further forward.

Another month has come to an end, I would like to congratulate all of you for your hard work and dedication, I would also like to congratulate the new Troopers who have just joined us, The thing I need address is over the past few months I've noticed a few things that concern me a little bit the biggest being the fact that the chain of command gets ignored very often. I know we push for transparency within the department and I'm always around if you need to talk to me as well as the whole of the High Command Team, but coming to us for every little thing that could easily be handled and sorted out by a Sergeant or even a Command team member is getting a bit old and tedious now. In short, follow the chain of command, Troopers report to the Supervisory Staff, if the Supervisory Staff can't help you move up to the Command Team, if the Command Team can't help you, then and only then, move on to the High Command Team.

Lieutenant Colonel

MAJOR MIKE BRIGHT
As February draws to a close, we'll see the first rolling recruitment phase the department has seen in a year. Recruitment is opened as of March 1st and I would recommend that if you know anyone who is interested in taking up a career in law enforcement, that you encourage them to do so.

We've seen a number of small and mostly divisional changes throughout the month, mainly to the administrative services bureau. I'd like to commend Captain Jackson Young personally for his recent work and efforts with not only the Recruitment and Training divisions, but with the bureau as a whole. We'll see a new era of the Field Training Scheme used this time around, and I urge all Troopers interesting in furthering their career here to get involved and take part.

Throughout March, we'll be looking for individuals from the Command and Supervisory staff to help lead and innovate a new supervisory school and to help formulate an exam that will test all future applicants to their limit. I can also offer insight into the ongoing department handbook rewrite and can evaluate an estimated datch of March 28th for its full release, most of the content is written and we are now just ironing out different issues and discussing different points internally between ourselves.

The activity of on duty troopers has once again been a great sight to see, it's encouraging to watch the new breed in their new place of work and thrive whilst doing it.

Jed Southwell
RC-RP Forum Name: Tameson
Badge Number: #547

Re: March 2020 Newsletter

Post by Jed Southwell » March 1st, 2020, 6:52 pm

first

Marshall Wood
Retired Sergeant II
Retired Sergeant II
RC-RP Forum Name: Oxley

Post by Marshall Wood » March 1st, 2020, 6:53 pm

Jed Southwell wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 6:52 pm
first
didnt get you a promotion tho did it

Jed Southwell
RC-RP Forum Name: Tameson
Badge Number: #547

Post by Jed Southwell » March 1st, 2020, 6:56 pm

Marshall Wood wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 6:53 pm
Jed Southwell wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 6:52 pm
first
didnt get you a promotion tho did it
free tameson, free toes and free shaji

Damien Lawless
Trooper First Class
Trooper First Class
RC-RP Forum Name: Dandre1
Badge Number: #784

Post by Damien Lawless » March 1st, 2020, 6:56 pm

Good job everyone.

Haley Stepps
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
RC-RP Forum Name: Natty

Post by Haley Stepps » March 1st, 2020, 6:57 pm

Congratulations!

Asher Wagner
RC-RP Forum Name: Allerion
Badge Number: #213

Post by Asher Wagner » March 1st, 2020, 7:00 pm

<3

Tyler Easton
Retired High-Command
RC-RP Forum Name: Viper
Badge Number: #101

Post by Tyler Easton » March 1st, 2020, 7:03 pm

Congratulations everybody!!

Charlotte Blattner
Retired Lieutenant I
Retired Lieutenant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #202

Post by Charlotte Blattner » March 1st, 2020, 7:05 pm

Congratulations y’all!
LIEUTENANT II CHARLOTTE BLATTNER

DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU

Timothy Fisher
RC-RP Forum Name: Ritz
Badge Number: #127

Post by Timothy Fisher » March 1st, 2020, 7:14 pm

Lot's of forward movement. Big changes coming for Academy Batch #04, that I can assure you of.

Matt Hensley
Retired Captain I
Retired Captain I
RC-RP Forum Name: Matty
Badge Number: #128

Post by Matt Hensley » March 1st, 2020, 7:19 pm

Good stuff.
Lieutenant First Class Matt Hensley

Special Weapons and Tactics Commander

Eric Rhodes
RC-RP Forum Name: martinest
Badge Number: #188

Post by Eric Rhodes » March 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm

cool stuff

Kyle Munoz
RC-RP Forum Name: Shack
Badge Number: #333

Post by Kyle Munoz » March 1st, 2020, 7:45 pm

Good read, thanks.

Jackson Young
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
RC-RP Forum Name: cradboard
Badge Number: #767

Post by Jackson Young » March 1st, 2020, 9:17 pm

Another great month, let's keep it going!

Emma Grantham
RC-RP Forum Name: Brand
Badge Number: #495

Post by Emma Grantham » March 2nd, 2020, 10:49 am

Let's keep it up lads!