[INFO] Business Firearm Permit

Moderators: High Command Team, Command Team, ASB: Weapon Licensing Division Command, ASB: Weapon Licensing Division, ASB: Weapon Licensing Division Supervisors

Weapon Licensing Division

[INFO] Business Firearm Permit

Post by Weapon Licensing Division » June 17th, 2019, 2:38 pm

WEAPON LICENSING DIVISION
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT — INFORMATION

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE

PREFACE
The matter of security is a prominent issue for businesses and companies to the point where having a sidearm has become a necessity to have while conducting their duties for the sake of self-protection. The State Police believes that business workers shall have the right to arm themselves for their safety during business operations. As of July 2017, we have revamped the Business Firearm Permit system where the permit type is clustered into two categories: Standard BFP (Class A) and Advanced BFP (Class B). By default, businesses will be granted either: A Class A (Open Carry Permit) or: Class B (Conceal Carry/Hunting Weapon Permit). The option to upgrade to Advanced BFP will be at the discretion of Weapon Licensing Division Command.
PERMIT QUALIFICATIONS
The following types of businesses are eligible to apply for a Business Firearm Permit:
  • Qualified Security Firms
  • Government Agencies
  • High Risk Delivery Companies
  • Hunting-related Companies (Must have proof of business and license to sell meat/poultry)
PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
The Business Firearm Permit is a privileged type of firearm permit, therefore the requirements are much more complex:
  • All employees must be older than twenty-one years old;
  • All employees must have a clean criminal record;
  • All employees must have no negative history with the San Andreas State Police;
  • The company must have a positive attitude shown towards the public;
  • (( The business/faction must be active prior and during the application period. The outcome of your application will rely on your activity, as we will be monitoring your performance prior to being granted a Business Firearm Permit. ));
  • Only the head of the company (Owner/Chairman/President/CEO) may fill out and submit the Business Firearm Permit Application.
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Step 0: Eligibility - The business will need to be eligible to have a Business Firearm Permit. It is the responsibility of the management team to ensure that the business is eligible and meets all the requirements before proceeding with the process.

Step 1: Application - The head of the company fills out an application form, ensuring that all fields are filled correctly.

Step 2: Preliminary Review - Once the application is submitted, a member of the Weapon Licensing Division Command Team AND The SASP High Command Team will review the application and ensure that the business or security agency is indeed eligible for a Business Firearm Permit.

Step 3: Deliberation - The handling command troopers will forward the application to the Weapon Licensing Command Team and State Police High Command Team for deliberation. They will conclude whether the business or security agency shall be granted the Business Firearm Permit. This may take 7-14 working days.

Step 4: Permit Approval and Payment of Fees: Once an application is approved, the business shall pay the required permit fees to a member of the Weapon Licensing Division Command Team, who will process the payment.

Step 5: Permit Releasing - Upon successful approval, the business will be granted Business Firearm Permit, and the individual permits will be given to qualified employees as provided by the agency's management team. A 15 day monitoring period will be enforced.
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT FEES
Standard BFP (Class A) Application Fee: $150,000 (for 15 employees)
Additional Permit (+15): $15,000 (per 5 employees)
Standard BFP (Class A) Renewal Fee: $100,000

Advanced BFP (Class B) Application Fee: $300,000 (for 15 employees)
Additional Permit(+15): $30,000 (per 5 employees)
Advanced BFP (Class B) Renewal Fee: $100,000

Instead of the old pricing system of $40,000 per employee, we have set a static permit fee of $150,000, which is available for 15 employees. If the employee limit (15) has been reached, the head of the company will need to add $15,000 per 5 employees.

A Business Firearm Permit is valid for 90 days from the day of permit approval. It is the responsibility of the head of the company to ensure that their permit is renewed before its expiration.
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT CATEGORIES
Standard BFP (Class A): This is the firearm permit for standard businesses, as well as security agencies. Official holders of this permit class are eligible to carry a sidearm for the purpose of general security for their business establishment, and shall only be carried within the business premises. In the case of standard security agencies, security officers shall only carry their sidearm for services approved by the agency's management.

Advanced BFP (Class B): This is the firearm permit exclusive to qualified security agencies which include services that are considered high risk, such as armored truck transportation. Official holders of this permit class are eligible to carry more sophisticated firearms such as the Shotgun. Security officers shall only carry their firearms for services approved by the agency's management. This is not available for all companies, and can only be granted at the discretion of Weapon Licensing Command.
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT USAGE
Business Firearm Permits carry the same protocols as a Personal Firearm Permit Class A holder. The difference is that a Business Firearm Permit has the ability to extend their firearm usage to business operations, whereas Personal Firearm Permit holders (of any type) cannot.

The Standard BFP (Class A) grants the privilege to open carry a sidearm, meaning it must be visibly holstered at the hip. Only handguns and revolvers are permitted to be carried with this permit. Your sidearm should only be drawn and/or used if your life or your protective entity is in immediate danger. Under no circumstance should your sidearm be drawn or used for any other reason.

The Advanced BFP (Class B) will have a different set of protocols, which will be drawn by the Weapon Licensing Division Command Team.
STANDARD FIREARM PERMIT PROTCOLS
  • Official holders of this permit class are eligible to carry a sidearm for the purpose of general security for their business establishment, and shall only be carried within the business premises.
  • Notify law enforcement of your legal carry - During a traffic stop, or any encounter with law enforcement, you should keep your hands visible, and state that you are legally carrying a firearm, explaining its location. If the weapon is a rifle or larger weapon that is not holsterable, the weapon should be cleared of its ammunition and placed on the ground.
  • Comply with law enforcement - You should always comply with law enforcement, even if the orders are questionable. There is always time to complain, but when a Trooper orders your weapon over, they are attempting to ensure everyone's safety.
  • Comply with all firearm protocols that are laid out by the State of San Andreas and the San Andreas State Police. Failure to abide by these protocols could result in your business license to carry being revoked, and the possibility of a jail sentence depending on the severity of the crime.
  • You must not interfere with any government agency operations or take part of any illegal activities such as shootings. Once lawn enforcement arrives you are to give your statement, and keep out of the way to ensure the scene is investigated in a smooth and peaceful manner.
  • By receiving your business firearm permit, you agree to the terms that the San Andreas State Police has the right to detain you at any moment in time if you are believed to be involved in any sort of criminal activity, or you are found to have your sidearm drawn and/or discharged. You agree that the Criminal Intelligence Unit can detain you as they see fit, and seize any and all firearms you have, whether this be temporary or permanently. Failure to cooperate with the San Andreas State Police and Criminal Intelligence Unit could lead to your arrest.
  • Upon entering any government building, you must hand your firearm(s) in to the security guard at the main reception before proceeding further into the building. Failure to do so will lead to a forceful arrest.
  • Treat all firearms as if they are loaded. To ensure further safety, you must keep your finger off of the trigger and keep it extended along the barrel of the sidearm. You should also keep the muzzle of the gun aimed down at the ground at a 45 degree angle to prevent any harmful incidents if they should occur. This allows for safety and quick fire if danger occurs. To further ensure safety if shooting does occur, raise the firearm up to eye level so that they iron sights are used as best as possible so that accuracy is maintained.
  • Should you need to discharge your weapon whilst on shift with your company, the State Police should be notified. You should prepare a statement for both the State Police and your company. Once the State Police arrive and collect your statement, you should stay on the scene until they clear you to leave and authorize the use of deadly force.
BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT APPLICATION
How to submit an application:
  • 1. Copy the CODE Below.
  • 2. Paste it in a new thread in the Business Firearm Permit section;
  • 3. Fill out the application form;
  • 4. The thread title should be: "[BFP-A/B] Business Name"
  • 5. For the renewal, the title should be: [BFP-A/B Renewal] Business Name

Application Form:

Code: Select all

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][padding=20,20][flex=space-between][flexalign=center][div][localimagesized=200x200]images/divisions/wl.png[/localimagesized][/div][/flexalign][flexalign=center]
[div][font=Arial][color=#FFFFFF][size=150][b]WEAPON LICENSING DIVISION[/b][/size]
[size=115]BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT — APPLICATION[/size]

[size=105][b]ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE[/b][/size]
[/color][/font][/div][/flexalign][/flex][/padding][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 1 | PERSONAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]1.1 | First Name:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.2 | Last Name:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.3 | Gender:[/b] Male/Female

[b]1.4 | Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MM/YYYY
[b]1.5 | Age:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.6 | Nationality:[/b] Answer Here

[b]1.7 | Residential Address:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.8 | Contact Number:[/b] Answer Here[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 2 | BUSINESS INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]2.1 | Business Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.2 | Business Type:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.3 | Business Address:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.4 | Business Contact Number:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]2.5 | Business Identification and Validation:[/b]
[i](( Attach the link to your faction topic. ))[/i]
[spoiler=2.5.1 | Attachment]LINK TO FACTION TOPIC[/spoiler]
[i](( Attach a screenshot of your UCP, showing any businesses in which you own related to your business/faction. ))[/i]
[spoiler=2.5.2 |  Attachment][img]-[/img][/spoiler]
[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 3 | GENERAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]3.1 | Please list the names of people currently employed under your business:[/b] 
[list][*] Employee 1
[*] Employee 2
[*] Employee 3 (Add more if needed.)
[/list]

[b]3.2 | List all employees that will need access to your Business Firearm Permit (Maximum of 15 Employee Slots):[/b]
[list][*] Employee 1
[*] Employee 2
[/list]

[b]3.3 | Why do you think your business is eligible for a Business Firearm Permit? (Minimum of 150 Words):[/b]
[i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.4 | How do you wish to use your Business Firearm Permit? (Minimum of 150 Words):[/b]
[i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.5 | Which division will make use of the Business Firearm Permit? (if applicable):[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.6 | Who is leading this division? (if applicable):[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i][/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 4 | DECLARATION OF LIABILITY[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][size=90][color=black]
[quote]It is the responsibility of the San Andreas State Police to include a background check of all applicants for a firearm permit. This check could involve interviews with family members, neighbors, or co-workers, past and present. This check will include a check of your mental and physical well being both now and in the past. The law allows us to check complete criminal history, which includes local, state, and federal checks. Your signature below allows us to search any and all sources which contain information that would allow complete and accurate background investigation.

I hereby release the San Andreas State Police and its employees from any and all liability arising from the above search for information.

I also certify that all information on my firearm permit, and on this background information sheet, is true and accurate, knowing that any falsified information could disqualify me from obtaining the permit.

I also certify that the San Andreas State Police has the right to revoke our Business Firearm Permit for any circumstance, with legal authority. If I fail to abide by state laws, or any regulations and protocols that are set out by the San Andreas State Police, then our Business Firearm Permit will be revoked.

(( I also certify that the San Andreas State Police has the right to revoke our Business Firearm Permit with a valid Out of Character reason. ))

I can read and write and understand the above statements and authorize the Troopers to conduct a thorough background investigation.[/quote]
SIGNATURE: [I]HERE[/i]
DATE: [b]DD/MMM/YYYY[/b]

[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b](( SECTION 5 | OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION ))[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]5.1 | RCRP Master Account Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]5.2 | RCRP Forum Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]5.3 | Faction Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]5.4 | Have you ever applied for a firearm permit before?:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i]

[b]5.5 | Do you agree to the firearm carry permit protocols laid out in [url=https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=191]this[/url] thread:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i]
[b]5.6 | Do you agree that the Weapon Licensing Division Command Team, SASP Command Team, and SASP High Command Team reserve the revoke your firearm permit at any time, for any reason, whether it is IC or OOC?:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i][/size][/color][/divbox]
Renewal Form:

Code: Select all

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][padding=20,20][flex=space-between][flexalign=center][div][localimagesized=200x200]images/divisions/wl.png[/localimagesized][/div][/flexalign][flexalign=center]
[div][font=Arial][color=#FFFFFF][size=150][b]WEAPON LICENSING DIVISION[/b][/size]
[size=115]BUSINESS FIREARM PERMIT — RENEWAL[/size]

[size=105][b]ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE[/b][/size]
[/color][/font][/div][/flexalign][/flex][/padding][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 1 | PERSONAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]1.1 | First Name:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.2 | Last Name:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.3 | Gender:[/b] Male/Female

[b]1.4 | Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MM/YYYY
[b]1.5 | Age:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.6 | Nationality:[/b] Answer Here

[b]1.7 | Residential Address:[/b] Answer Here
[b]1.8 | Contact Number:[/b] Answer Here[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 2 | BUSINESS INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]2.1 | Business Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.2 | Business Type:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.3 | Business Address:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]2.4 | Business Contact Number:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]2.5 | Business Identification and Validation:[/b]
[i](( Attach the link to your faction topic. ))[/i]
[spoiler=2.5.1 | Attachment]LINK TO FACTION TOPIC[/spoiler]
[i](( Attach a screenshot of your UCP, showing any businesses in which you own related to your business/faction. ))[/i]
[spoiler=2.5.2 |  Attachment][img]-[/img][/spoiler]
[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 3 | GENERAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/divbox][divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]3.1 | List all employees that will need Business Firearm Permit renewal (Maximum of 15 Employee Slots)[/b] 
[list][*] Employee 1
[*] Employee 2
[/list]

[b]3.2 | List all employees that will need addition to the Business Firearm Permit (Optional)[/b]
[list][*] Employee 1
[*] Employee 2
[/list]

[b]3.3 | Why do you think your business is eligible for a Business Firearm Renewal?: (Minimum of 100 Words)[/b]
[i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.4 | How do you wish to use your Business Firearm Permit?: (Minimum of 50 Words)[/b]
[i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.5 | Which division will make use of the Business Firearm Permit? (if applicable):[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]3.6 | Who is leading this division? (if applicable):[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i][/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b]SECTION 4 | DECLARATION OF LIABILITY[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][size=90][color=black]
[quote]It is the responsibility of the San Andreas State Police to include a background check of all applicants for a firearm permit. This check could involve interviews with family members, neighbors, or co-workers, past and present. This check will include a check of your mental and physical well being both now and in the past. The law allows us to check complete criminal history, which includes local, state, and federal checks. Your signature below allows us to search any and all sources which contain information that would allow complete and accurate background investigation.

I hereby release the San Andreas State Police and its employees from any and all liability arising from the above search for information.

I also certify that all information on my firearm permit, and on this background information sheet, is true and accurate, knowing that any falsified information could disqualify me from obtaining the permit.

I also certify that the San Andreas State Police has the right to revoke our Business Firearm Permit for any circumstance, with legal authority. If I fail to abide by state laws, or any regulations and protocols that are set out by the San Andreas State Police, then our Business Firearm Permit will be revoked.

(( I also certify that the San Andreas State Police has the right to revoke our Business Firearm Permit with a valid Out of Character reason. ))

I can read and write and understand the above statements and authorize the Troopers to conduct a thorough background investigation.[/quote]
SIGNATURE: [I]HERE[/i]
DATE: [b]DD/MMM/YYYY[/b]

[/size][/color][/divbox]

[divbox=#1d2951,#ffffff][color=#FFFFFF][b](( SECTION 5 | OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION ))[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white,white][color=black][size=85][b]5.1 | RCRP Master Account Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]5.2 | RCRP Forum Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]

[b]5.3 | Faction Name:[/b] [i]Answer Here[/i]
[b]5.4 | Have you ever renewed your firearm permit before?:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i]

[b]5.5 | Do you agree to the firearm carry permit protocols laid out in [url=https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=191]this[/url] thread:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i]
[b]5.6 | Do you agree that the Weapon Licensing Division Command Team, SASP Command Team, and SASP High Command Team reserve the right to revoke your firearm permit at any time, for any reason, whether it is IC or OOC?:[/b] [i]Yes/No[/i][/size][/color][/divbox]