RC-RP Forum Name: Bob
Badge Number: #754

August 2019 Newsletter

Post by Carter Holt » August 1st, 2019, 1:43 pm

SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE
August Newsletter

Colonel's StatementImage
Good day employees of the San Andreas State Police,

I hope to catch you all in good spirits today as we're officially one month in after reopening the department in Red County. Since we have taken over operations tensions with the general public seem to have lessened. As a department, we are full steam ahead to continuing to better ourselves, we look forward to the opening of two divisions in the future which are Corrections and Canine, both will bring more unique employment opportunities to a community that desperately needs more careers. This will also help us police our community more effectively and help keep the crime levels down. We also look forward to bringing back more promotion opportunities for troopers because let's be honest, we all like a pat on the back sometimes. We'll continue to keep you posted as we keep pushing out more and more in the upcoming days.

Thank you for reading,
Colonel James Knight
AwardsImage
Trooper of the Month
The Trooper of the month is Grayson Shields

Trooper Shields has been recognised as Trooper of the Month for their exceptional activity throughout SACSO and SASP. His superiors have recognised his hard work and determination on the field, especially in Special Weapons and Tactics.

Sergeant of the Month
The Sergeant of the month is Raymond Cooper

Sergeant Raymond Cooper has been recognised for his consistent dedication towards the department and activity within the field. The Command Team have selected Cooper for the following reasons stated above, congratulations.

Command Member of the Month
The Command Member of the month is Adam Hobbs

Commander Hobbs has been awarded Command Member of the Month for their work in Admin Offices, supporting ID in its launch and his constant support to the High Command team.

Department UpdatesImage

Promotions and Command Staff
We are changing the way we process promotions. From now on, members of the Command and High Command team will submit a discussion for all command+ members to deliberate a person for promotion. This is separate to activity review promotions and is hoped to provide a more fair and transparent process to how we handle people and their progression within the department.

Internal Affairs Leadership
Major Lucy Summers has stepped down as head of Internal Affairs and will be replaced with Lieutenant Nathan Crawford with support from Deputy Director Mike Miller. Major Summers will remain as an overseer to complaints that aren't valid as in-character reports.

Major Lucy Summers

Correctional Services Unit
As you may or may not know, Correctional Services Unit is being introduced very soon. This unit will take over operations inside the County Jail to monitor and supervise inmates. This unit will be responsible for processing your suspects at the jail, rendering our local cells at DPD redundant. Everyone is urged to take all suspects to the County Jail for processing instead of DPD to increase the roleplay opportunity. If you've ever broken the law on an alternative character and have been caught, you'll know how boring it is to sit and wait for your time to run out before release. At least now people have the opportunity to roleplay their release and interact with other people inside the jail.

State Troopers may apply for the Correctional Services Certification which will make them eligible to operate inside the County Jail alongside Correctional Officers. When the Correctional Services Unit is fully operational, State Troopers will be expected to not enter the cell block of the jail unless requested.

As this is quite an adventurous unit, Major Lucy Summers will be heading the operation and with her stepping down from her leadership as IA Director and PA Director, the majority of her workload will be focused on this unit.

Major Lucy Summers

K9 Program
Greetings, everyone. I am happy to announce the return of the canine program in the San Andreas State Police after a long absence from the field. With the increased rates of firearms and drugs in the streets, we need a better method to locate and identify our targets, the process can be done much easier thanks to man's best friend, the dogs. The Canine Unit offers trained personnel and dogs that can assist the field units in locating any kind of contraband, bombs or even track down targets such as a missing person or a wanted felon. The unit will be open and fully operational during August, looking forward to meeting all the future handlers!

Lieutenant I Mike Miller

Public Affairs
Major Lucy Summers has stepped down as Interim Director of Public Affairs and will be replaced with Staff Sergeant Dave June. Sergeant June has a great eye for detail and is known for his well-thought content so expect some interesting creations to appear soon.

Major Lucy Summers

Recruitment And Training
Recruitment and Training has been handed over to Captain II Christian Underwood due to his previous experience within that area of the department. We're looking collectively when to open Recruitment for the first time in this new department. We're aiming for the beginning of August. I have no doubts that Captain Underwood along with Trooper Stansfield as the director of Recruitment fulfil their duties to the best of their abilities.

Special Weapons and Tactics
Hello everyone, I'm Staff Sergeant Anthony Nucara the Special Weapons & Tactics Commander. Recently we have been dealing with some stressful situations, where we have been upping and dropping the threatcon level, for now we're still keeping our heads up high, with our eyes and ears opened. We recently closed off our recruitment due to how many Operative's we have on the roster, but looking to recruit more down the road, once we decide on a date we will throw out an announcement, or one will be made during a roll call. So far there hasn't really been much happening within our division, we're looking to expand our division with ESU to get most of their Operative's in ESU to be tactically trained in situations, where FD is gonna be on standby and staged from a scene. Assistant Commander Underwood will be handling SWAT training, along with dealing with certifications.

Staff Sergeant Anthony Nucara

Weapon Licensing
"Since we've transitioned, Weapon Licensing Division has completely revamped its application system. As all of you know before acquiring the permit, normal citizens have to give quiz, however, we've introduced new phases, these phases are up to four in which in phase one, you'll be shown multiple firearms and you have to decide which one is legal or not. In the second phase, you'll be expected to operate a firearm in the shooting range. Moving on to the third and fourth phase, you'll be given scenario questions. If you pass all of the phases, then and only, you'll be issued the permit.

Moreover, we have also re-released the WLD Incentive Program in which you'll have to complete certain tasks and in return, you'll be either issued a divisional promotion or a handful amount of cash. Additionally, we have also introduced personal firearm holders file after the transition, we have separate files for all the holders. This was supposed to be done in the Sheriff's Office, however, it wasn't., We have also introduced a new rank named as "Senior Licensing Officer" which is the highest rank among the Weapon Licensing Officers bracket. This rank was specifically introduced to track the progress of a Junior Licensing Officer in some extreme cases.

Furthermore, the deputy director of licensing spot is currently vacant, however, I'm still seeking for a deputy director and I have a couple of candidates for that spot. Additionally, we've promoted a couple of members due to their outstanding performance. Congratulations to Connor Troit for being promoted to Licensing Supervisor and Christopher McCarthy for being promoted to Senior Licensing Officer.

Conclusively, we are currently hiring licensing officers. If you match the requirements then go ahead and apply, you'll also gain incentives along the way if you perform exceptionally."

Sergeant Riley Lynch

Sergeants Team
As you are all aware that Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart is running the Sergeants team, however, with a brief discussion as a High Command Team we've come to a cohesive decision to open the Sergeant-In-Training program. If you wish to become a Supervisor in the field you can check out the requirements listed in the Internal Recruitment board. We're looking for 3 new SiTs. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to progress in the department. As a Supervisor, you're able to assist those in the field more and you're able to make subtle changes to the department for the better. Communication will be a vital part of this program. If you're interested in becoming a member of the Sergeants team send in an application and be sure to remain active throughout this period.

PromotionsImage

The following members of staff have been recognised for their duty and time served within the department, as such they have been awarded with a promotion within the department.

Members who have been promoted in the past month have also been included in this list.

Well done everyone!

State Trooper -> Trooper First Class
Kameron Huddleston
Henry Chapman
Christopher McCarthy
Chance Morrison
Yeijiro Nakajima
John Sawyer
Grayson Shields
Connor Troit

State Trooper -> Senior Trooper
Rose Stansfield

Trooper First Class -> Senior Trooper
Todd Baker
Michael Crawford
Marcus Rivera

Senior Trooper -> Master Trooper
Daniel Bryce
Brandon Cole
Joshua Payne
Robert Pittman

Senior Trooper -> Sergeant I
Eric Matthews

Master Trooper -> Sergeant I
James Hucken

Detective Sergeant -> Sergeant II
Hannah Chambers

Sergeant I -> Sereant II
Raymond Cooper
Grant Weston

Captain I -> Captain II
Christian Underwood

Captain I -> Commander
Adam Hobbs
CommendationsImage

The following members of staff have been recognised for their duty on and off the field in an administrative and field-based role. We would like to thank the following members of staff for their invaluable service to the department.

Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart
Lockhart received two commendations for handling a hostage negotiation scene on July 12th. Her attention to detail and the way she handled the scene overall was very well done.

Master Trooper Brandon Cole
Trooper Cole has shown tremendous activity within the State Police with being able to rack up 4 pages of duty reports. Their commitment to support colleagues on the field and assist superiors when required is extremely commemorable. Keep it up.

Trooper First Class Kenshin Nakajima (now Yeijiro Nakajima)
Nakajima was recognised for their high level of roleplay during a scene in which he dealt with a drunk individual. He engaged with the player and found an alternative to placing the player in jail for the evening. An alternative approach to roleplay in the faction and a very good one at that.

State Trooper Megan Schulz
Trooper Megan Schulz has shown a tremendous amount of dedication towards the department and her character development. She has shown and expressed her emotions through events that have occurred to her in game which provides a fantastic image of the department. Trooper Schulz has been recognised by the High Command Staff for their consistent high level of roleplay. Well done.

State Trooper Henry Chapman (now Jimmy Malcom)
Trooper Chapman was recognised by Deputy Chief Singleton of the Red County Fire Department for his passion and effort towards his job while upkeeping excellent relations between SASP and RCFD. This is exactly the sort of thing we love to hear about especially how important it is to keep relations between agencies at a high level. Well deserved.

State Trooper Christopher McCarthy
Trooper McCarthy was recognised by one of his ride alongs and was commended for his hard work and energy for the job. So much so, the ride along applicant was very impressed. This is great to hear that a member of the public got to experience your level of commitment first-hand. Very happy with this.
Closing StatementImage
Colonel James Knight's words
We are sad to see two members of Command move on from our department, we wish Lieutenant Hunter Coleman and Lieutenant Oliver Stokes the best in their future endeavours and will always take them back with open arms should they wish to return in the future. Moving forward the Command in Training Program will be completed and ready for opening by the first week of August, this means promotion opportunities for Sergeants. We will not be taking any reinstatements at that time for Command level slots. Lastly, the interactions with the community need to pick up a little more. Show face and say hello to the people you are sworn to protect, take your lunch break in the park or somewhere besides your cruisers. Other than that folks keep up the good work and keep on pushing forward with us.

Sincerely yours
Colonel James Knight

Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart's words
Troopers,

Throughout the month of July, you've improved activity drastically and it's fantastic to see many of you taking pride in the roleplay you're presenting. As a High Command member, I'm not able to be around as much as I'd like to be; mainly due to situations In Real Life preventing me at the moment, however, the times I've been able to get in-game the roleplay has improved along with the members of the department being on-duty. Those who have been recognised have been rewarded as stated above be it via a promotion or as Trooper/Sergeant/Command member of the Month. I really respect you all for the effort you've put in.

In the upcoming months, the High Command Team have changes that we are ready to present to you as a department. My role is to make sure your voices are heard and to include you in such decisions. In regards to the current suggestions responses to those will be handed out as soon as we finalise everything with the Command and High Command.

If you don't think you were recognised for your work please send me a PM and we can talk about it, if you think you were missed in the promotions send me a PM and we can talk about it. I really am striving for more communication to the NCOs and what not. I want to emphasise that my job is to make sure your voices are heard. I know I've said that but I'll reiterate and make sure it is executed fully. Overall, I would just like to personally thank you on behalf of the High Command Team for the efforts every single one of you have put in and I hope that August has more in store for us.

Lastly, I know there's been some PMs being thrown around about SiT and I'm currently fixing the minor issues with it in order for the new Troopers to apply. So hopefully by the time, this is out everything will be finalised. Moving onto Recruitment, as you're aware the Director has been transferred to Rose Stansfield. I have no doubt they'll do a great job. I've worked with Stansfield before and they've been in Recruitment since the day they passed their Field Training Exam. I really want to express my love for that division and would like to recommend it to you. I know administrative works seems like a bore but you don't know whether you like this division if you don't try it. I spent so long in that division alone due to the lack of interest. If you like roleplay and high levels of it you should give it a go (It's entirely optional, however.)

Sincerely yours,
Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart

Leo Jones
RC-RP Forum Name: Mattias Stansfield
Badge Number: #831

Re: August 2019 Newsletter

Post by Leo Jones » August 1st, 2019, 1:47 pm

Nice

Robert Benavides
Major
Major
RC-RP Forum Name: mark
Station Assignment: Fort Carson Station

Post by Robert Benavides » August 1st, 2019, 1:48 pm

cool

Henry Chapman
RC-RP Forum Name: Malcom123
Badge Number: #203

Post by Henry Chapman » August 1st, 2019, 1:49 pm

Congratulations everyone!!!

Mike Miller
RC-RP Forum Name: Mike Wilson
Badge Number: #575

Post by Mike Miller » August 1st, 2019, 1:51 pm

Congratulations and keep it up, people!

Annie Taylor
RC-RP Forum Name: Invictus
Badge Number: #901

Post by Annie Taylor » August 1st, 2019, 1:55 pm

gay

Chance Morrison
Retired Major
Retired Major
RC-RP Forum Name: dejay
Badge Number: #209

Post by Chance Morrison » August 1st, 2019, 2:00 pm

wow im shook! congrats btw

Thomas Wertz
RC-RP Forum Name: Alko

Post by Thomas Wertz » August 1st, 2019, 2:05 pm

Well written. Congrats!

John Sawyer
Master Trooper
Master Trooper
RC-RP Forum Name: Jimbo.
Badge Number: #214

Post by John Sawyer » August 1st, 2019, 2:07 pm

Nice job everyone!

Cucunana
RC-RP Forum Name: proka

Post by Cucunana » August 1st, 2019, 2:09 pm

Congratulations!

Emma Grantham
RC-RP Forum Name: Brand
Badge Number: #495

Post by Emma Grantham » August 1st, 2019, 2:33 pm

Let's keep it up dear Troopers! ❤️

Damien Lawless
Trooper First Class
Trooper First Class
RC-RP Forum Name: Dandre1
Badge Number: #784

Post by Damien Lawless » August 1st, 2019, 2:47 pm

congrats everyone

Charlotte Blattner
Retired Lieutenant I
Retired Lieutenant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #202

Post by Charlotte Blattner » August 1st, 2019, 3:52 pm

Congratulations!!

Asher Wagner
RC-RP Forum Name: Allerion
Badge Number: #213

Post by Asher Wagner » August 1st, 2019, 4:13 pm

Well written and congratulations to the promotions! Much love to everyone and thanks for having me here <3

Antonio Falcone
RC-RP Forum Name: KD83
Badge Number: #210

Post by Antonio Falcone » August 1st, 2019, 6:54 pm

Well, first good thing that happens to me after quite some time! Gratz.