Welcome to the San Andreas State Police

Moderators: High Command Team, Command Team

Nicholas Peircen
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

Welcome to the San Andreas State Police

Post by Nicholas Peircen » July 2nd, 2019, 4:28 pm

Section I - Opening Words Welcome everyone,

Welcome to the San Andreas State Police Department. We are excited to see State Police Operations come back to the San Andreas' Tri-County area. I'd like to take this time and thank the County Sheriff's Office for all they have done to maintain the safety and stability of the residents of the State. We appreciate all that Sheriff Albert Holmes has accomplished and wish him the best of luck in his re-retirement. Moving forward, you will still see some familiar faces here in this department. You'll notice some changes from the SO to the SASP, we will try to cover all of those within this newsletter so please take the time to read it out. This is going to be a lengthy one so enjoy the content and again, welcome to the State Police. We are excited you are making this journey with us into the future of this community.

Thank you,
Section II - Major Changes Among some small changes that have been made in the transition to the State Police, there have also been some more noteworthy ones which will be addressed here.

Bureau Leadership:
Going forward Bureaus will no longer be led by members of the High Command team, instead, they will be led by a Captain or Commander. The Bureau Director will report directly to the High Command team with any issues that need to be addressed by the HC team. This is to ensure that all requests within bureaus are dealt with more efficiently and quicker. So if you are a division leader and you have any issues that need to be addressed you are to contact your Bureau Director and not the High Command Team. The Bureau Directors are as follows:
Bureau of Administrative Services: Captain Christian Underwood
Bureau of Field Services: Captain Adam Hobbs
High Command Team:
Lucy Summers will be brought into the High Command team as the second Major, she will serve alongside Peircen in ensuring the smooth running of the department. Summers, being an Ex-Chief of Police is more than suitable for this role, over the next few weeks she will settle fully into her role and her assignments.

Command Team:
With a transition such as this, there will naturally be changes to the leadership team of the department, both new faces will be promoted into the leadership team, old faces promoted and some will no longer be in the leadership team. The first change regarding the Command Team is that the team will now be led by Major Nicholas Peircen. Major Peircen has a wealth of experience and knowledge behind him, leaving him the most suitable candidate to lead the Command Team going forward.

Here are the changes to the Command Team.

Promotions:
  • Lieutenant Adam Hobbs - Promotion to Captain I - Hobbs has served in numerous command spots across multiple departments. During his time with the San Andreas County Sheriff’s Office, Hobbs played a big part in ensuring the smooth transition to the State Police.
  • Lieutenant Christian Underwood - Promotion to Captain I - Underwood like Hobbs has served in numerous command spots, and has been a key in the success to our recent batches of students passing their Field Training stage. Going forward Underwood will direct the Administrative Services Bureaus.
New Members:
  • Both Richard Schmidt and Mike Miller will be brought back into the Command Team as Lieutenant I's. Both Miller and Schmidt are ex-serving Captains in the County Sheriff's Office, and bring with them the drive and determination to move the department forward in the correct direction.
Section III - Ranking Structure With the upcoming changes to the SASP, we've changed the ranking system slightly which we think will work more efficiently and gives opportunities to those who wish to try different roleplay. With the current system, we have some ranks aren't utilised correctly and with a discussion with the High Command team, we're looking to rectify that by adjusting the system.

Here's how the new structure will lay out:
Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Major
Commander
Captain II
Captain I
Lieutenant II
Lieutenant I
Master Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sergeant II / Detective Sergeant
Sergeant I
Corporal
Detective
Master Trooper
Senior Trooper
Trooper First Class
State Trooper
Probationary Trooper
Parking Enforcement Officer
_
The rank "Corporal" will act as the rank of SiT (Sergeant in Training) as it sits at the top of the NCO Bracket, this essentially is SiT, however, we've renamed it to Corporal. The rank of "Master Trooper" is an advancement rank, those who wish to advance through the NCO scheme into the Sergeants.

We've introduced a new rank (Well not new, but new to this SASP) known as "Commander" which sits at the top of the Command Team. This introduces a level of communication between the High Command Team and Command Team, reducing miscommunication. This rank holds an abundance of responsibility to ensure that the communication from the High Command Team, Command Team to the Sergeants and then to the NCOs gets across clearly. Evidently, all Troopers must enforce Chain of Command and should not, under any circumstances, go straight to the Commander with a minor issue.
Section IV - Supervisory Team Changes Following the transition, the department went under observation for the last couple of weeks of the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office to get an outside perspective of how the Supervisory Team is portrayed. Unfortunately, we had some negative responses and due to our lack of activity, it's been a bare minimum. On the other hand, we're looking to apply changes to the team to ensure the activity raises and that those who are active, hardworking and dedicated receive recognition.

Moving forward with the team, I'll be planning to set up regulations and regular meetings. I have some ideas that I'll discuss with the team in a meeting with myself and Nicholas Peircen for the future. It's my job to enforce the protocols and to ensure that supervisors are out regularly to supervise the troopers in the field.
Section V - Comments from the High Command Team Colonel James Knight Moving forward in the SASP what I hope to see accomplished is as follows. Reimplementation of the Canine Division, this was a great division when the leadership within' it was active and keeping it progressive. I believe it a rather important part of policing the community as well. Ribbons and such will be done again to give Troopers a sense of pride for accomplishments within the department. We have the opportunity for a legal division, this is being juggled around as we just don't see a lot of court cases however it would be nice to have some people to liaise with them and help make sure we are staying on top of the up-to-date penal code and items of the such so we can police effectively. After that, as of right now that's all I have on my planner. That is going to change as I always have cycling ideas in my head to keep things going and keep it interesting if you will. I maintain an open door policy so please feel free to come to me as long as you follow the chain of command and let them know you wish to speak to me about something.

Image Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart Following our recent transition from the "San Andreas County Sheriff's Office" to the "San Andreas State Police" I'm excited to announce further changes to the department in order to make it as efficient and as comfortable for you all. With the refurbishment of the Academic training unit, the upcoming batch will be able to get an insight briefly to what the department has in store for them. In the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, towards the end of the reign, we became as a team rather lenient towards the public, from here on that stops. As the State Police, we're here to provide and serve the county with pride.

Furthermore, the Sergeant in Training program has become a lot more difficult and the Sergeants team will be observed closely in the following weeks to ensure they're competent to withhold their rank. As the sergeant's team director, it's a fundamental building block to the NCOs to communicate with the Command and High Command Team. However, I am looking in the near future to obtain 12 sergeants at a variety of ranks to those who wish to progress through the Sergeant Scheme; following this transition we're looking for those with certain skills and expertise.

In addition, regarding the Recruitment unit, we're looking at a revamp of the entire system to make the academy less easy to get into, to make it realistic. I'll be assigning a director to the Recruitment unit with deliberate speed as I'd like to ensure that all the documents are up to date and ready for the next director. Unfortunately, after 3 years of running the Recruitment as the Lieutenant Colonel, I simply cannot run the unit and it's time for me to let go of the division; it's been the one unit I've devoted my time to, to ensure this department gets the best possible troopers, despite some bad cookies slipping in, the rest of you, who remain are and will be fantastic troopers. If you're interested at all to run the unit let me know and elaborate on your intentions.

Lastly, as the Lieutenant Colonel, I won't be MIA and I still will be out on patrol with everyone else, so don't expect to see less of me due to my rank. I never thought I'd make it this far into the department but I have. I encourage those troopers to be ambitious in this department, try new things out of your comfort zone and experiment. In addition, I'll be working with all of the divisions and dipping my help in and out of those who aid it. Predominantly my expertise is evolved around administrative work and the administrative services. Thirdly, I'd like to state that in this department we won't be tolerating any disobedience and or messing about, this department is to be represented correctly and with the help from Public Affairs, I believe we can form a connection with the public in order to reduce a negative image. Our intentions are to reform the department in a sense that we'll be applying stricter protocols which we expect to be followed and as aforementioned we'd like the troopers to put your trust into our Sergeant, Command and High command team as they have all worked incredibly hard for this transition.

Let's take this step by step and remember, we're here to help. Don't hesitate to ask.

Lieutenant Colonel Evelyn Lockhart,
Major Nicholas Peircen The San Andreas State Police is something that I have pushed to see return for quite some time. I'm pleased to be part of the core leadership team that operates it. Since the government announced that we would take control over Red County we have pushed hard to implement all the required procedures and protocols to provide a safe police service to this county. However, that being said I'm sure that over the next few weeks we will continue to implement and change procedures as we deem fit to match this new polciing challenge.

My main role within the State Police will be the Director of the Command Team as well overseeing inter-departmental relations and being the main point of contact for other agencies. I recently served in the State Police as a Captain before transitioning over to the County Sheriff's Office as the Assistant Sheriff, before coming back to the State Police as a Major.

Over the next few weeks I will be releasing some information about my plans with the Command Team as well as some short term goals for the department as a whole.

Thanks,
Major Nicholas Peircen
Major Lucy Summers With the San Andreas State Police now taking over operations in the tri-county area, I will take a more tactical overseeing position when it comes to the way we handle things on the ground. If you’ve been in this department for a while, you’ll know I’ve always been a boots on the ground type of girl, however age is unfortunately catching up with me and it has become clear that I may be more efficient in an administrative position. This means you will see slightly less of me on field and instead be more visible at headquarters.

I will remain as Director of Internal Affairs for the time being where I plan to work with my members to introduce several new investigators into the division and begin to mould a new leader to take over operations.

Moving on, I will continue to support Public Affairs as Interim Director and will oversee the creation and implementation of strategies and campaigns from my public affairs officers until a more permanent Director is found.

When it comes to the department, I will focus on the resources that we use on and off the field. I have several plans drafted that will continue to be worked on before being proposed to the high command and command team. These are ideas I feel will benefit the department and our colleagues.

Finally some news you all might be excited about is my appointment to take charge of plans to produce a new section of the department that will revamp the way we process and supervise inmates in our local cells. This is at its early stages of development and I hope to share more with you on this brilliant opportunity. I ask that if anyone has an interest in taking part in a correctional role with the State Police, that you send me an email of your intentions to assist in the creation of this plan.

Robert Benavides
RC-RP Forum Name: mark
Station Assignment: Fort Carson Station

Re: Welcome to the San Andreas State Police

Post by Robert Benavides » July 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm

nice

Thomas Casey
RC-RP Forum Name: Caseyy
Badge Number: #570

Post by Thomas Casey » July 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm

cool. skins?

Antonio Falcone
RC-RP Forum Name: KD83
Badge Number: #210

Post by Antonio Falcone » July 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm

damn

Nicholas Peircen
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

Post by Nicholas Peircen » July 2nd, 2019, 4:35 pm

Thomas Casey wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 4:34 pm
cool. skins?
We are currently working on skins with a modder from RC:RP.

Charlotte Blattner
Retired Lieutenant I
Retired Lieutenant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #202

Post by Charlotte Blattner » July 2nd, 2019, 4:40 pm

great

Annie Taylor
RC-RP Forum Name: Invictus
Badge Number: #901

Post by Annie Taylor » July 2nd, 2019, 4:45 pm

Nicholas Peircen wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 4:35 pm
Thomas Casey wrote:
cool. skins?
Same thing was said 6 months ago.

James Manning
RC-RP Forum Name: HP3
Badge Number: #271

Post by James Manning » July 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

Im happy to see this iteration back and happy to be apart of it again. Lets do it! This is giving me mad 2016 vibes.

Carter Holt
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Bob
Badge Number: #754

Post by Carter Holt » July 2nd, 2019, 4:54 pm

Annie Taylor wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 4:45 pm
Nicholas Peircen wrote:
Thomas Casey wrote:
cool. skins?
Things happen and people don’t commit, something that is out with our control.

Ximena Rodriguez
RC-RP Forum Name: Stokes
Badge Number: #565
Station Assignment: Fort Carson Station

Post by Ximena Rodriguez » July 2nd, 2019, 4:57 pm

Welcome!

Tyler Easton
Retired High-Command
RC-RP Forum Name: Viper
Badge Number: #101

Post by Tyler Easton » July 2nd, 2019, 5:02 pm

Let's go!!

Evelyn Lockhart
Retired Lieutenant Colonel
Retired Lieutenant Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Lockhart
Badge Number: #557

Post by Evelyn Lockhart » July 2nd, 2019, 5:30 pm

Lucy Summers wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 4:54 pm
Annie Taylor wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 4:45 pm
Nicholas Peircen wrote:
Thomas Casey wrote:
cool. skins?
Things happen and people don’t commit, something that is out with our control.
HC are working with the modder so we can assure you we have skins.

Paul Casaletto
RC-RP Forum Name: audubon
Badge Number: #197

Post by Paul Casaletto » July 2nd, 2019, 5:45 pm

epic

Daniel Winters
RC-RP Forum Name: ItayMayo
Badge Number: #477

Post by Daniel Winters » July 2nd, 2019, 5:46 pm

Staff Sergeant
Sergeant II / Detective Sergeant
Sergeant I
Detective SGT is above SGT I, interesting.

Good luck.

EDIT:: The ranking structure does not have the Detective SiT rank, is that going to be a thing again? During the SASP -> SACSO transition the Detective SiT rank was implemented along with the Detective(1-3) ranks and the Detective SGT rank.

Bo McDermott
RC-RP Forum Name: Thomas01
Badge Number: #822

Post by Bo McDermott » July 2nd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Congratulations on the transition!