General rules and regulations as per the San Andreas State Law and Weapon Licensing Division protocol:
1) Shotguns and Rifles may only be used for the following:
NOTE: openly carrying and/or brandishing a shotgun/rifle is against the law and will result in you being detained for questioning and the possibility of your firearms permit being revoked; which could result in a blacklist.
- Hunting within forest areas within the State of San Andreas, and only if holding a PFP Class B.
- Jobs that involve the use of heavy weaponry, and only if used while holding a BFP (Business Firearm Permit)
2) You are required by the State to alert a Trooper or any other Government Workers that you are conceal-carrying a handgun at all times, whether this is a traffic stop or questioning besides the road. This is to ensure the safety of all Troopers and Government Agencies.
3) Carrying a firearm in any place that legally sells alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Doing so can place a persons life in danger. If you are found to be carrying a firearm of any caliber inside of a bar, club or any place that legally sells alcoholic beverages, you will be charged with Public Endangerment and your license to carry will be revoked; which could result in a blacklist.
Carrying a firearm while also under the influence of any alcoholic beverage is strictly prohibited. This includes one or more pints or one shot of an alcoholic beverage. Even if the blood alcohol level is stable, you are still prohibited from carrying.
You may not a carry a firearm if under the influence of prescription drugs which could impair you in any way, shape, or form. A firearm should not be carried if any prescription drugs that have low to high-risk side effects have been taken. You are urged to check with the Red County Fire Department in regards to your prescription medication to see if you will be fit for carrying. During the Medical Examination, you will be asked to name any and all medication in which you are taking, this is to ensure safety for you, and everyone around you.
Firearms should not be carried when feeling fatigued, emotionally distracted, or emotionally upset due to an unknown incident. If the carrier feels unwell emotionally and/or physically, the firearm should be put into storage and locked away. Those with emotional health problems such as depression should seek the attention of the Emergency Services Unit for further advice.
If after you have had an alcoholic drink, you realize you still have your firearm on you, please contact the Weapons Licensing Unit on 911, non-emergency, and keep the firearm in a stored location until the arrival of the WLD Members.
Those found to be breaching these regulations regarding Mental and Physical Health, as well Alcoholic and Prescription Drug use, will be subject to arrest and search warrants for the persons well being.
4) The following types of ammunition are legal within the State of San Andreas:
Tracer rounds, rounds designed to pierce armor, or anything not listed above is illegal to possess within the State of San Andreas.
- Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) - Handguns and Bolt-Action rifles.
- 12 Gauge Buckshot - Shotguns
- 12 Gauge Turkey shot - Shotguns
5) The following modifications for heavy weaponry are legal within the State of San Andreas:
Any other modification not listed above is illegal to possess within the State of San Andreas.
- Rifles may have a scope used in place of iron sights, only for hunting purposes. The scope must have a magnification of 8x or less.
- Shotguns may have a hand grip installed to increase stability, as well as a full choke to tighten the spread of buckshot rounds.
6) The following types of handguns and shotguns are legal within the State of San Andreas:
- Beretta 92F, 9mm
- Beretta 92FS, 9mm
- Beretta M9, 9mm
- Glock 17, 9mm
- Glock 19, 9mm
- Glock 20, 10mm
- Glock 21, .45 Caliber
- Glock 22, .40 Caliber
- Glock 23, .40 Caliber
- Glock 26, 9mm
- Glock 27, .40 Caliber
- Glock 30, .40 Caliber
- Glock 36, .45 Caliber
- Smith & Wesson, model 4509 .45 Caliber
- Smith & Wesson, model 4566 .45 Caliber
- Smith & Wesson, model 4516 .45 Caliber
- Kimber Custom 2, .45 Caliber
- Kimber Classic, .45 Caliber
- SIG Sauer P226, .357 SIG
If you are found to be carrying and/or brandishing a firearm that is not listed above, you will be charged with Possession of an Illegal Firearm, and your license to carry will be revoked; this could result in a blacklist.
- Remington Model 870
- Benelli M4 Civilian Tactical
7) Whilst not using large calibre weaponry, these weapons must be stored unloaded in either your private property or locked in a secure container within a vehicle's trunk.
Openly carrying and/or brandishing a shotgun/rifle is against the law and will result in you being detained for questioning and the possibility of your firearms permit being revoked; which could result in a blacklist.
8) Firearm permit holders are expected and encouraged to post a renewal for their permits when the expiry date is upon them. You are expected and required to apply for a renewal ONE WEEK (1) before the expiration date. Failure to do so might result in your application being denied.
9) Upon entering any Government Building, you must hand your Firearms to the Firearms Correctional Officer at the Main Reception before proceeding further into the building. Failure to do so will lead to an arrest.
10) You may not carry any sort of Firearm on the land of a Private Business. Any weapons found to be stored or being used in action on the land of a Private Business will be seized with immediate effect, and those involved will be charged with the necessary crimes. If you wish to carry firearms as a Business, you are advised to make a Business Firearms Permit Application.
11) (( You must be level three on your chosen character before applying for a Personal Firearm Permit. ))
12) (( You are not able to use the same application more than once for another character or the same character you first applied with. If you are caught copying your old application, or any other application, you are subject to a blacklist.))
13) By becoming a firearm license holder, your license may be subject to revocation if you use such weapons to (attempt to) commit illegal acts in any way.
14) Your firearm license is subject to revocation if you (attempt to) distribute firearms that were obtained from an Ammu-Nation acquired through licensing means. (( A firearm license holder has a privilege of purchasing firearms with a cheaper and/or easier method, and your license may be revoked if you abuse this privilege. ))
15) ((Transfering permits between characters is forbidden. Players who namechange should contact a member of the SASP to have their license removed. Failure to report may result in administrative interjection and/or administrative punishment.))