Lukasz Sawoniak
Corporal
Corporal
RC-RP Forum Name: Witting
Badge Number: #129
Station Assignment: Fort Carson Station

February 2020 Newsletter

Post by Lukasz Sawoniak » February 1st, 2020, 9:06 pm

DEPARTMENT NEWS | COLLEAGUES OF THE MONTH | PROMOTIONS & COMMENDATIONS | CLOSING STATEMENTS

LIEUTENANT COLONEL BOB HOLT
Overall a very good month for the agency. I'm very happy with the direction the department is moving in since my appointment as Lieutenant Colonel. I've had the pleasure of speaking with a good number of you on scenes and on patrol and I'd like to say I'm very happy with the majority of what I have experienced so far in terms of performance.

However, I have noticed the misuse of certain less than lethal weapons, those wielding weapons who shouldn't be in certain circumstances and those acting in a manner that I can only describe as glory hunters. We all have a job to do and each assignment should be completed before you move on to the next. I shouldn't be seeing troopers trying to leave a scene when it hasn't been concluded, I shouldn't be seeing troopers sitting and observing a scene instead of getting involved and helping your fellow colleagues. This is something I will be focusing on throughout my stead here.

There is no place for those who are only interested in pursuits and shootouts. There is no place for those who sit idle and let others do the majority of the work. Your performance is being monitored and those that put the work in will progress. Those that don't put the work in, won't. It's that simple. I urge those who wish to progress in the department to put in 110% on each scene, lend a hand to your fellow colleagues and even join a division or two. Those who commit to the department under the above criteria will be recognised for their efforts.

Thank you,
Lieutenant Colonel Bob Holt

New San Andreas Penal Code 2020 in Effect
The new San Andreas Penal Code for 2020 has today been placed into full effect. There are many changes and you should read and understand these before arresting or processing any individuals, and please make sure that if you believe you may need to reference your arrests in the future to create and submit an arrest report.

A full, in-depth memorandum has been posted by Captain Santiago, and that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=185&p=27976#p27976

Alternatively, the RCRP forum version can be accessed here: https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/s ... st-2267770

I cannot stress enough the important of reading these documents. If you are unsure on anything covered within them, or have any queries, seek a supervisor as soon as possible.

- Major Mike Bright

Administrative Services Bureau Update

January has been a busy month for the administrative services bureau, handled exceptionally well by all our officers within it. I’d like to firstly thank the hard working divisional leaders who contributed to what was a flawless recruitment batch. In particular, Staff Sergeant CiT Grayson shields for his commitment to the Academic Training Unit, leading both academies flawlessly and providing the Field Training Unit with the best trained candidates seen for many batches. A special thank you also goes out to Trooper Nora Chen, for her hard within the recruitment unit.

We’ve seen the introduction of some great initiatives such as ASB funding for officers within Recruitment and Weapon Licensing, providing overtime payments for our hardworking staff. In future I hope to implement this across the board in ASB, and future budgets will be designed to accommodate that. While I will soon be ending my short tenure as ASB director and move to department bureau overwatch, I’m extremely proud of what’s been achieved as a team in the last month. You will be seeing some imminent changes to directorships over the coming week as we continue to find the best people for the best roles.

Finally, I’d like to welcome the new probationary troopers to our department, your adroitness and fervour has been impressive so far and I look forward to seeing you all graduate should this continue.

- Commander Haley Stepps

Future Troop System
The new Troop System is to be introduced this month. Some of you may have seen previous systems that had awkward restrictions, unclear regulations and frankly pointless goals. This time, I've come to design with the assistance of Major Bright, a more goal and social oriented system. In short the new Troop System is purely focused on bringing Troopers together for more social activities through motivated leaders. As well as build teamwork and camaraderie through monthly challenges. By February 20th, we will have Troop A, Troop B and Troop C open for the March competition. Our current Troop leaders are Staff Sergeant CiT Grayson Shields, Troop A, and Detective Sergeant Martin Pulido, Troop B. I am still currently looking for a highly motivated and engaged member of the department to lead Troop C. Troops can have 12 total members, 2 leaders, and 10 members. Depending on participation I foresee Troops D and E opening this year. Going further into what this system is, monthly challenges can include: Most arrests, most total fines amount, most impounded cars, most screenshots of types of roleplay, most hosted events, well-bonded troop, etc. I have lots of ideas for us to enjoy and my only caveat is quality. The most screenshots of roleplay would only count those that are high quality and rich in RP. Furthermore, prizes at the end of every month for winners can include: money, take home cruisers, parties in honor of the troop, parties only for the troop, special rights, etc. As for the social aspect that is entirely up to you and your Troop leaders.

- Captain I Jackson Young

SBI Changes
Changes have been made to the way SBI operates as of January 19th 2020. You can find the full change list here. Again, I'd like to remind everyone that we should be working together and any toxicity towards our fellow agencies will not go unpunished.

- Lieutenant Colonel Bob Holt

December Overtime Pay
Over the coming days, a list will be made public by the High Command Executives to reward Troopers for their hard work over the festive period. Those who submitted a duty report will be rewarded with an overtime pay packet. You have 7 days from the time the list is made public to redeem your pay packet or it will be returned to the department budget.

Force Continuum Update
Due to the repeated misuse of beanbag shotguns and the lack of information on when such a less-than-lethal option should be used the following changes are now in effect.
  • Beanbag shotguns should be deployed in events where a subject is a threat to themselves or others but not at such a level that deadly force is necessary at that given moment or in the event a subject is threatening others or themselves with a bladed weapon and adequate lethal force cover is being provided to the assigned less than lethal trooper.
  • Examples Include
    When a subject is holding a bladed weapon and refusing to comply with verbal commands.
    A mass unrest incident where a large group are acting in a violent manner. At this point it is not necessary for all units to deploy less than lethal and the appointment of a less than lethal trooper must be made by a supervisor or requested on the radio by the trooper willing to deploy the less than lethal beanbag shotgun. If a supervisor is not on scene or available to handle the request then you must decide between the units on scene who is the assigned less-than-lethal trooper.
  • When you fire the beanbag shotgun, you are expected to perform an action to show that you are pumping the shotgun to fire it again. You should not repeatedly fire the beanbag shotgun without performing an action to load the next round.

Canine Unit Closure

The Canine Services Division has officially closed as of yesterday (31st January). I'd like to personally thank all of those involved with this division, past and present for their hard work and contributions. Sergeant Mike Miller will be reassigned in due course and I would like to thank him for his efforts previously with the division.

- Major Mike Bright

Air Support Unit Update

Around one month ago, an application was released for individuals aspiring to apply for a supervisory position in the new Air Support Unit. No suitable candidate was found. Regrettably, I must inform the entire San Andreas State Police that the standalone Air Support Unit will no longer be happening. Based off of multiple reasons, I fear that opening a new unit with such operational importance will hinder department operations, Captain Santiago and I are not against re-evaluating our stance on this decision within the next couple of months should we see a need to.

- Major Mike Bright
Parking Enforcement Evan Burkheimer

Parking Enforcement Operator Evan Burkheimer has been selected by the PEU command staff as this months star performer. Showing dedication and commitment to the division throughout the month of January, Burkheimer has excelled in his work and a notable improvement has been acknowledged since he started his career within the San Andreas State Police. Well done and congratulations on your well deserved award.

Correctional Officer Eugene Norton

Corrections Officer Eugene Norton has been handpicked by the Correctional Services Unit command and supervisory team. A month that has seen a slight operational lapse as many corrections staff started their journey towards becoming a State Trooper, Eugene Norton has been in the division since it's inception and has proven himself time and time again. He is continuously providing support and internal policing for Green Palms. Congratulations on your award!

Senior Trooper Nora Chen

Senior Trooper Nora Chen has spearheaded our latest recruitment drive. Her commitment to her work is second to none, and has been recognised by the whole supervisory team from our sergeants to the Colonel himself. Her consistent contribution to helping raise the standard of applicants has already begun to show positive results, just days into the latest field training stage. Senior Trooper Chen's rugged approach to her police work both administratively and on the field make her worthy of receiving the Trooper of the Month award - the first of 2020.

ImageImage
NOT APPLICABLE

No supervisor of the month award will be issued for January. The reason for this will be addressed internally within the supervisory staff boards at a later date.

Congratulations to the following colleagues on their commendations!

Megan Shields
Trooper Shields has performed exceptionally over the last month and has been noticed and issued this newsletter commendation after being noticed by both her divisional leaders, and supervisory team members. Her overtime hours and general policing conduct has not gone unnoticed over the last month. Thanks for the hard work and dedication.

Drake Richie
Corporal Richie is another Trooper whom has performed admirably and been a stand out among his peers this month. He too, like Trooper Shields, has been filling in overtime forms left right and center. His work within his divisions, primarily the emergency services unit and the weapon licensing unit, earns him a spot on the January commendations list.

Jayce Blake
Parking Enforcement Officer Jayce Blake has been commended by the divisional leadership of the Parking Enforcement Unit for his willingness to help others who are new to the unit with on the job training. PEO Blake has also put in a great amount of time on his truck, and makes this months departmental commendations. Congratulations.

Congratulations to the following troopers on their promotion!
Image Trooper → Image Trooper First Class
Spencer Clifford
Cristiano Veronese
Image Trooper First Class → Image Senior Trooper
Megan Shields
Marshall Wood
Eric Rhodes

MAJOR MIKE BRIGHT
Moving into my new role as a Major, and being a part of the High Command team, I have had the time to sit back and look at the on-goings of the department and evaluate where we are at from my own perspective. The department is moving forward quickly into the new year and the turnaround since the winter stand down finished has been admirable. It is good to see so many Troopers once again reporting for duty and exceeding the required amount of patrol time in order to efficiently police the State.

I am also over the moon with our divisional operations, both in the field and administratively. Usually throughout a month only one or two divisions will place themselves in the spotlight and show why they are the best and why you should apply for them. However, throughout the month of January, I have seen more or less every single division putting in the work required of them, and their rosters functioning efficiently from the subordinate roles through to each individual command structure.

Over the next two months, I will personally be working towards a new supervisory staff introduction and school with members of both the supervisory and command staff. I am hoping this will change the way that we shape future supervisors as the current system is rather lackluster and doesn't always fully support those who need it the most.

Moving into February, we'll see multiple new schemes and systems roll out across the board. I hope you are all as eager to participate in these as I am. Here's to February and having another great month as part of this department.

Charlotte Blattner
Retired Lieutenant I
Retired Lieutenant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #202

Re: February Newsletter 2020

Post by Charlotte Blattner » February 1st, 2020, 9:08 pm

first, good read!
LIEUTENANT II CHARLOTTE BLATTNER

DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU

Paul Casaletto
Trooper
Trooper
RC-RP Forum Name: audubon
Badge Number: #197

Post by Paul Casaletto » February 1st, 2020, 9:08 pm

second

Grayson Shields
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Dk
Badge Number: #001

Post by Grayson Shields » February 1st, 2020, 9:09 pm

Good stuff id say

Eric Rhodes
RC-RP Forum Name: martinest
Badge Number: #188

Post by Eric Rhodes » February 1st, 2020, 9:11 pm

cool

Isaiah Ray
Retired Sergeant I
Retired Sergeant I
RC-RP Forum Name: Swei
Badge Number: #202

Post by Isaiah Ray » February 1st, 2020, 9:12 pm

Good updates and a good newsletter. Congrats to those who received a promotion and to those who did not, keep up the good work!

Drake Richie
Retired Corporal
Retired Corporal
RC-RP Forum Name: TugayCanD
Badge Number: #156

Post by Drake Richie » February 1st, 2020, 9:20 pm

Good.

Jackson Young
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
RC-RP Forum Name: cradboard