Moderators: High Command Team, Command Team

Carter Holt
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel
RC-RP Forum Name: Bob
Badge Number: #754

Re: May 2020 Newsletter

Post by Carter Holt » May 1st, 2020, 5:17 pm

A late addition to the newsletter. My personal apologies for forgetting to add this! Thank you @Charlotte Blattner for the report.

SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUREAU
MAY DIVISIONAL UPDATE
WEAPON LICENSING DIVISION:
The licensing unit went through a big reform in the month of April. Everything from internal application responses to license application responses - including all licensing documents we have at public disposal in the " Licensing Desk " - have been reformatted and reworded. The division may seem low on member count but every member of the division is working hard to provide the best possible firearms licensing service to the State Of San Andreas.

Business Firearm Permits have been regulated and all of the companies that are benefiting from our licenses are bound to special contracts prepared by the licensing unit. The general structure of the division has been revised, things are now more simplified to encourage other troopers to join our division. Paperwork and mandatory training are now lighter, brief but informing. With all the licenses our unit issues, San Andreas State Police profits and has more cash to finance our operations in the field to serve the community in a more effective manner.
STATISTICS
APRIL 2020'S PROFIT: $625,000
PROFIT MADE IN 2020 SO FAR: $2,159,850
Drake Richie
Director, Weapon Licensing Division

ACADEMIC TRAINING UNIT:
The Academic Training Unit has had a slow but productive month. We added a new position, named Head Training Supervisor. Master Trooper Akeno Kimura has taken up that role. Further than that, we had a meeting Saturday 25 April, to go over some topics and suggestions. We are going to try to cut down the time to the introduction phase of the academy, as well as cut down the time on the stations. We will not remove any material, but we do want to teach a little faster. In turn, we are discussing internally the potential of adding a driving training at the new Sprunk Arena.

We are also going to be working very closely to FTU to make sure you are preparing the probationaries properly for the new FTU system. Overall, it was a good month for ATU and I am so grateful to lead this unit. I will continue to make the necessary changes for the better until the unit is perfect. I look forward to the month of May.
Tyler Easton
Director, Academic Training Unit

RECRUITMENT UNIT:
The Recruitment Unit has had an astounding month, our unit as from batch 3 introduced voting which seems to have really made the process going smooth. We have completely revamped the application format, as well as add and/or remove a few things to make it more appealing to look at as well as help us understand our applicants more thus allowing us to help them and train them into becoming the trooper they can be.

The key to good training is knowing your students, and that is something we will go into a lot for batch 5 once the refresher
training has been complicated as we figure out how we can know as much as we need.
James Hucken
Director, Recruitment Unit

FIELD TRAINING UNIT:
This month was quite a challenging month for the Field Training Unit as we completely revamped our program and we had to help troopers adapt themselves quickly and follow the procedures.

This month 12 individuals were deemed suitable candidates for the position of Academy Student and Probationary Trooper for Batch #04 by the Recruitment and Training Unit and attended a State Police Academy before becoming sworn Law Enforcement Officers and Probationary employees of the San Andreas State Police.

To this date, 6 of those individuals have been relieved of their positions; some by their own choosing and others by the order of myself.

Every Probationary Trooper who has left their position with this Department has done so as a direct result of their motivation and work ethic. There have been no official disciplinary issues or breach of protocol that resulted in poor evaluations. To put it simply, these individuals aren't even showing up to work for their jobs.

At this point in time Probationary Troopers are at the following stages:
FTP Stage 1: 1
FTP Stage 2: 0
FTP Stage 3: 4
FTP Stage 4: 0
FTP Stage 5: 0
Timothy Fisher
Director, Field Training Unit

Bo McDermott
RC-RP Forum Name: Thomas01
Badge Number: #822

Post by Bo McDermott » May 1st, 2020, 6:26 pm

Good

Sinclair Hawkins
Trooper
Trooper
RC-RP Forum Name: Licbo

Post by Sinclair Hawkins » May 1st, 2020, 8:37 pm

good job everyone

Freddie Norgaard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RC-RP Forum Name: horizon
Badge Number: #555
Station Assignment: Montgomery Station

Post by Freddie Norgaard » May 2nd, 2020, 6:23 am

interesting changes. gz

Ricky Brown
RC-RP Forum Name: Manu

Post by Ricky Brown » May 4th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Adam Hobbs wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 11:53 pm

My intention is to turn HPVC into something more unique to the department to tackle street racers and those who use the street as a race track. My intention is to turn HPVC into a more Pro-Active unit with regular Buffalo Patrols

Sorry if I misread this, but isn't this in direct contrast to what was mentioned in the faction feedback logs?
"High speed vehicles have been removed from pursuits. - 26/04/2020"

What I'm reading is that now there will be even more Buffalo's patrolling the street than before?

Drake Richie
Retired Corporal
Retired Corporal
RC-RP Forum Name: TugayCanD
Badge Number: #156

Post by Drake Richie » May 4th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Ricky Brown wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 3:13 pm
Adam Hobbs wrote:

My intention is to turn HPVC into something more unique to the department to tackle street racers and those who use the street as a race track. My intention is to turn HPVC into a more Pro-Active unit with regular Buffalo Patrols

Sorry if I misread this, but isn't this in direct contrast to what was mentioned in the faction feedback logs?

What I'm reading is that now there will be even more Buffalo's patrolling the street than before?
High Speed vehicles are not removed from pursuits, only the bullets and the cheetah's we had were removed. HPVC fleet still has 2 buffalo's and 2 sultans and they're being used, however in rare cases, and we're thinking of a new way to use these vehicles.

Ricky Brown
RC-RP Forum Name: Manu

Post by Ricky Brown » May 4th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Drake Richie wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Ricky Brown wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 3:13 pm
Adam Hobbs wrote:

High Speed vehicles are not removed from pursuits, only the bullets and the cheetah's we had were removed. HPVC fleet still has 2 buffalo's and 2 sultans and they're being used, however in rare cases, and we're thinking of a new way to use these vehicles.
Thanks for the clarification